JSA Volunteer Program
Some of the ways that volunteers help the JSA are
- unpacking new shipments of recordings as they arrive,
- sorting incoming recordings by media type and genre,
- translating record labels (from Hebrew and Yiddish into English),
- checking incoming recordings against the list of recordings already in the collection,
- providing help with fundraising events,
- writing album notes and reviewing information found on album jackets.
How Can I Help?
You can become a part of this historic effort to save a Jewish cultural treasure!
- Available Position: Copyright lawyer
We would like to identify recordings in our archives for which copyrights have expired. We are seeking a volunteer who can search for the copyright status of specific recordings in the JSA audio collection.
- Available Position: Data Entry
We are seeking volunteers who are able to enter information about LPs, tapes and CDs into a computer database. This position requires working at the FAU Library in Boca Raton.
- Available Position: LP Inspector
We are seeking volunteers to visually inspect LP albums for damage and wear. This position requires working at the FAU Library in Boca Raton.
Learn how to become a zamler
Donate Your Time
A few hours a week can make a huge impact on our ability to process the music in a timely manner. To find out more call us at (561)297-2207 or click here to contact us.
Florida Atlantic University Libraries
777 Glades Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431
© Copyright 2007. Florida Atlantic University